Monday, July 9, 2007

A week of Love and Marriages

Just finished reading: Harville Hendrix - Keeping the Love You Find
Powerful and insightful about relationship in the modern sense, talk about the basic and core of human instinct wanting to be loved, arguing why being single is the ideal position to learn and improve the chances of finding and keeping love, also filled with tools that help me review my goals, fears and dreams. Touch on the Imago and why ultimately being in a relationship is the only way to transformation. Can be a little technical and dry for one who is not familiar with psychological terms and theories. Love the part that says that, is best to live one’s life to the fullest being at any stage. If you are single then enjoy the single life to the best, if not, there is a very likely that even at 60 some seek a divorce just to fulfill the soul’s journey of walking a single’s life. Deep thot.
Currently Reading: Kybalion (Need time to digest this – more profound than I can gather – love and hook on the principle of correspondence and principle of polarity. Maybe I’ll write more on this later) and Jared Diamond's Collapse (putting this aside first, cannot take 2 heavy conceptual books in one goal).

p/s: I realize arranging/spacing reading material systematically can be a powerful practice.

Just watched: Ocean 13 (Good… very good… very very good. WHY? Cos there is Brad Pitt lor. Hahaha!)
Want to watch: Die Hard (3 adults cannot decide on a date because they are either busy sitting in Sega’s drinking Guinness in the afternoon and too drunk to watch a movie or busy match making)

Just listened: Stacey Kent - You've got a friend, Marianna Leporace - IF
Now listening: Michael Buble – Call Me Irresponsible (Complimentary of HuiJing, stolen from Joanna) hahaha!! It good as usual – cos is Michael Buble. Some songs reminded me of some very good times in my life! Sunshine is also listening to Buble but the older album – the one with Home in it. Makes him miss home. When you coming back? TPTL – TPTL – TPTL! Then someone needs to drive that car… your sound system need tuning… come back ler.

Hehehe! A little sick this week –and it’s just pack with work and Nikko Tan’s wedding! Yes bro, how lucky you are to make half the Penang busy for your wedding! Hehehe! It truly one of those fairy tale like wedding – the theme for the GHotel ‘English Garden’ is truly what the theme name repute it to be. Roses, lilies, orchids, flaunt with hundreds of candles all around the ballroom with little bulb lights on the background of Nikko and Mandy’s name – Enchanting! Wilfred and Kean Beng’s speech acclaim as the highlight – the Hokkien words we learn and master after that – thot they can start writing a dictionary. Hahaha! The night as 32 was full of fun... casual, laid back and friendly – exactly the personality of the bridegroom himself! The fun we have – intoxicated (purely becos of the drinks) hahaha! Thanks to Wilfred - my driver and photographer for the night *wink**wink* and is great finally to meet Nikky!

Also highlight for the week is Min & Wil’s return from NY and Jimmy & Tina’s return from San Fran.

Was great hanging out with Min and Wil again. Hahaha! I-Phone – can’t believe Wil walk into the store the day they launch –enjoying the red carpet treatment and spend 2 hours looking at it then NOT BUYING!!!! Wil seriously try the dog trick then if it works – I’ll get my consultancy charges in the form of the I-Phone! Anyway, love the dinner company, thanks for the love and concern and that very wise piece of advice! It is reminiscing to be able to enter that space of ‘American’ way of life again. Hahaha! Thanks for taking my stuff back for me – so *happy* “New York” is finally sitting on my table now. *grin*! Mhm.. too bad never bring back a New York boyfriend for me and still teasing me about the Korean boys!

It is great to finally see MS again, as ‘charming’ and ‘lovable’ as before – complain I never inform him about me leaving for the States – sigh I wonder who is the one spending months in New York without telling me!! I won’t comment further – scare of his ‘powderful’ sense of language. My co-author to be certainly has his reputation to keep!


Tina and Jimmy’s back from San Fran *Huray* and they brought me a very lovely gift! Limited edition eh, dun play play! :) Hehehe! Thank you thank you!! Love it!! Great to finally find time to catch up with Tina, miss those times when we talk till wee hours in the morning or us bullying Jimmy! I will always remember the love you both showered me while I was there.

Now I am nostalgic again – cheekily this time I am missing US. Still a very lovely dovey week – and with all the marriages – 070707

CONGRATULATIONS:

Nikko & Mandy
Anson n Karen
PK & Jin

May you be blessed with the joy of sharing the love of a lifetime, in sharing a lifetime of love and in loving two hearts as One.

I am so happy!!

No comments: