Friday, July 27, 2007

Morning Meditation

I revive my morning meditation practice this week – lol – ya was being a little lazy and busy the last few months. :)

And one of the answers was discovered to my writing on ‘LOST’ the day before. For me is like, WOW, when we write down and communicate to the universe the universe does feedback! :) The answer just came. I was like amazed! LOL!
I know one person will be truly curious to know my breakthrough because we were having this 5 hours conversation on Tuesday night and he kept pestering me on what open up for me from the sharing that night. *wink* Sorry dearest I wasn’t exactly evading your question on purpose, I was just afraid to face it. Well gotto thank you for being so understanding and letting me off the hook at night. It is true that there is no way when two people share and nothing opens up. Will share with you when we see each other next.

However, I love today’s contemplation for me – ‘Going to the Post Office’

Thoreau -
“You may depend on it, that poor fellow who walks away with the greatest number of letters, proud of his extensive correspondence, has not heard from himself this long while”

Do we listen to ourselves? What does our heart, our mind and our soul says? Do we hear the voices of passion and love, voices of virtue and wisdom? What do I hear in my voice? What do you hear in yours?

I am putting a more solid ground to my life starting 2 nights ago – a promise of more time for quiet contemplation, more time for writing and developing ideas/vision/dreams.

Love this quote I came across last night,

Ralph Waldo Emerson:
What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what your duty is better than you know it. It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great person is one who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.

If any of you out there have something to share, do post it! :) Would love to hear your view.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as we crave for solitude, we also crave for company. As much as we want to be selfish, we need to be selfless. One of the most misunderstood or misused terms would be contradiction which could be one of societies greatest invention (though not the best!) either it could be used as the reason (positive) or excuse (negative)..

What one can basically interpret from this is that if you believe what you are doing is for the good of your self development & in turn will have a positive effect to the people who you care either in the long or short term. Then make it so & with respect.

Here’s a short verse from a song which pretty much sums up what we r all capable of..

As we lay beneath the stars,
We realise how small we are,
If they could love like you & me,
Imagine what the world could be,

If everyone care, nobody cry,
If anybody love, nobody lie,
If everyone share & swallow their pride,
We see the day where nobody dies.

And a quote… (mostly for me ;-)

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself,
and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
Buddha

RR

JennPassion said...

Hello there dear,

Hope you getting better. Recovering from the bug I hope.

I will interpret this as - as much as we crave for one side, we will be thrown to the other side of the spectrum. For the emotion of craving is a guide to show us the duality of the universe and how we can best achieve balance. That is the principle of polarity -

"Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled." -- The Kybalion.

And yes I love the last quote, thot Abraham Lincoln puts it on a ‘more severe’ manner compared to Buddha himself “ I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end, when I come to lay down the reins of power, I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside me”

Our first and last love is self-love - Christian Nestell Bovee.

Have a great weekend!