Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Promise

I know I know... its a little more than delayed.... but still a promise is a promise therefore it must be kept..

Part of this writings as abstracted from Jenn’s Journal Entry #*** -
On board HongKong-Vancouver - May 2007

Is a quiet, uneventful early morning and I am on my way to Canada. Only hustle bustle was at the airport but all events are kind of deaf to my ears. Probably becos I was sleepy from the night of staying up. ;) I told myself as usual I can sleep on the plane. Furthermore I can't contain all the excitment I feel in myself... finally I am making it to Canada and Alaska - the last frotier on earth. :) At the same time I can't help it.. to feel this tingling sense of pain and regrets in my heart. The gloominess as I know when I return back to Malaysia I shall already have Hong left for Perth. It not ever going to be the same anymore for Penang without Hong Hong.

Who is Hong? Mhm for those who already know him well enough I need not elaborate further and for those who doesn’t - what a waste for not getting to know such a beautiful soul that exist in the plane on earth. Our friendship take us back to year 2002 .. faithfully on Hong’s grandma’s funeral – yes what an event to bring two people together. :) Anyway our friendship just blossom after that – from gym, to tea, to mamak, to golf, to holidays we just kept enjoying each others company. I left on 2004 for Australia and we still kept in touch. Of course there is always Hong sending me to airport, picking me up from airport when I commute in between the two countries, throwing some surprise back home visit for my parents, mamak – coffee bean hang out - fine dining – theater n shows – golf - and some crazy times in SS! Hahaha! It’s all about food, drinks and entertainment!

Of course there is a time when he did not keep his promise of coming to see me in Aussieland instead he spends some good holidays in Switzerland, Europe and Korea and show off all those beautiful fun pictures later! Then again what to do Aussie is not Europe. ;) hehehe.. [Score one]

Part of the joy we enjoy in each other’s company is of course ‘tembaklogy’ which makes more fun if Ash, PK, Eugene, Kheng Lee or Eng Leong is around becos then Hong don’t always have to be my target? Right? What to do you da only one who lets me tembak and never shoot back until recently… until recently he tembaks me more than I do d. hahaha And those things they like to do without me around and then show off all the fun times without me later.. sigh…Then again you have to have the group to be so crazy enough to drive straight to Genting after clubbing 3am at night with not prior planning or drive all the way to Melaka for daddy’s meeting and then F1 race method back to KL to make it in time for theater in Bangsar or just drive to Tambun for seafood like every other weekend? *wink**wink* all those good memories! Oh.. oh.. or you can just leave for America for 3 months without planning for soul searching –That’s the spontaneous Hong I know.
Another best part of our friendship is – Eleena Ong. My soul sister and partner in crime in making Hunt Sun’s life a little more fun than it is! Hahaha… putting me and Lena together is a very unwise decision for Hong but of course a blessing for me and Eleena. We click from the very first time we meet, of course having a common ‘target’ - "Hong" - until I ended up being Lena’s bridemaid for her wedding last year and hopefully Godma to her child – next year? *hint**hint*

When we were having lunch with my parents about 2 months ago Hong drop the news – I am leaving for Perth. Then only I realize how much it affects me for you to go. I still remember calling you one afternoon and say I realize in the morning while driving to work how much I am going to miss you while you gone. Cos there will be no more driving at night or wee hours in the morning, no one to know how to order my tea in coffee bean ( hahaha and the fact that you not going to have coffee bean there to enjoy our new favorite tea! I miss that part for you), no more amazing sound system in car that plays a selection of my favorite songs and a manual skip machine(Hong) to skip the songs that I don’t enjoy *wink**wink* and the pillows in the car. I also have to find new tea mates, new cinema mates, new theater/show mates, driving mates so susah! Hehehehe! I miss my all-in-one!

However, what is best about my best buddy here is that you truly shown me over these years of friendship what unconditional love is. You never demanded me to be different, to change or tell me what to do or what should I become – more or less. You always, ALWAYS love me for who I am. That type of faith and trust you have in me touch my heart beyond words. When I am down or sad, I only need to make a call, and you will be here with your cool car and amazing sound system (which he ‘invested’ A LOT of $$$ in) hahaha, we head to get two tropical passion tea latte – not even one word being said to each other, we just drive and drink and listen to music and then you will send me home with a big bear hug. You are always there when I am down. I came to realize this year after a soul searching journey last year that even when I was at my worse character, you were there, not judging. Where everyone else was wanting to me ‘change’ or make the ‘right’ decision you trusted me enough for me to make my choice. That trust is now I know what I been searching for. You make the space to allow me to be who I want to be. When everyone else busy throwing advice on what I should do and become - you were just there for me always as a friend.

Hong, now that you gone to away to Perth, is just ain’t the same. Yes me taking for granted the fact I always have someone to call if I am in trouble. Thot all that said, I just wanted to you know I truly appreciate our friendship. We truly two halves of a Gemini twins. :) I am very proud of you making this decision. I want you to know I know how much courage you took out to make this one step. And this time I am going to trust you like how you trusted me. I return the other day from Vancouver and for the first time I look down and saw the street we stop by the last night watching the planes flew by. I knew I am returning to a Penang without you in it yet am happy you are doing so well in Perth. I am just happy.. happy for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=adobe cs3 - master collection ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg