Sunday, August 5, 2007

Khor Kheng Lee

His MMS this year


Well well, I used to think - to know how many true friends we have is to calculate how many friends I can call at 3am in the morning if I needed to make that call. However, in today’s 24/7 global communication world and all those ‘night owls’ being awake late at night somehow my perspective towards this statement change. Although that, it is still consider rude in any of our culture to call a non close friend too late in the hours at night – therefore, those who are given the privilege has certainly secured their position as being important friends.

LOL – so why the long story? Because not many people in Jennifer Lim’s life can call her at 1am in the morning and say this “hey I have been reading your blog and waiting to be mention – how come never write about me one?” haha! And mom being there her ‘quota’ session in my room the conversation goes like this:

Mom : So late d who’s that?
Me: KK Lee
Mom : Wah Ah Lee long time never see you d ah, when you taking aunty to clubbing?
Me : Wei my mother ask you when you taking her clubbing?
KK Lee: Aunty noler very long time never go d, now only stay at home (however, each time I went to the clubs, and that is RARE I still see Ah Lee there) *wink**wink*
Mom : Then why so long never come see me?
Me: Wei my mom ask why so long never come see her?
KK Lee : Becos aunty both your daughter also don’t want me d…
Mom : Like that ah… so when you gonna…
Me: My mom ask….

Bla bla bla… LOL –end-

So even mom can find it amusing when he call at 1am – KK Lee – you gotto be something man!

So here I am writing about the man who wants to be written about – Mr Khor Kheng Lee. How feels happy d or not? *wink**wink*

Mhm.. Kheng Lee – is in every word of what is describe as a ‘true friend’– loyal, reliable, responsible, caring, thoughtful and someone who is always there 24/7. Our friendship takes us back exactly 10 years now – wow – now I realize is 10 years, we were oriented and inducted the same year into the same Leo Club – and after that the world is ours! Till today we are the in same Lions Club, cracking the same joke over and over again yet never bored about it. What makes KK Lee so special to me is that for the last 10 years he has never forgotten my birthday – even I was in Aussieland or North Pole – somehow or other the birthday message is faithfully delivered on that very date. This year the message came in MMS format in the morning and about 11pm he calls again and says “Happy Birthday dear”. I said, “Thanks, I got your mms this morning” and Kheng Lee says, ‘ya but better make sure, don’t want to break record and then later if forget your birthday sure ‘kena’ lifetime nagging’. Lol !! It is the ‘fear’ motivation now I know. *wink**wink*

So now, since you ‘force’ me to write *mhm I hope I remember what you ask me to write. Hahaha. Just kidding! Just kidding!* these are the reasons that makes KKLee such a special person to me, my family and all the friends we shared –

1) A fiercely loyal friend

2) Available at 24 hours – driver, dinner, accidents, “lost keys” *wink**wink*, listening to my grumbling, sad, depress, happy, celebration, drunk, hungry, bored, heart break, festival, clubbing etc etc etc

3) The only guy who took me shopping so that I can buy for him his first prom date’s dress, hand bags and shoe – and I pick her flowers too. Yalor never send me flowers also!!

4) Take my parents to clubbing – see how many people can do that. Haha!

5) Take me clubbing and be my ‘bodyguard’. Hahaha! Trust me – Kheng Lee is one of the most influential figure around the clubs in Penang and don’t under estimate the word ‘influential’ is goes beyond free, need not queue to get in and reserving the best seats in the club. *wink**wink*

6) Being super protective

7) My 3am mamak mate!

8) Cook ‘cola’ chicken for my mother and buy roti for her!

9) CNN network news. Including where my ‘father’, ‘sister’ whereabouts. Hahaha!! I enjoy this one most I guess!

10) Being there for me at my lowest points of life – although I’ll get scolding for crying in public area – emotional me – ya he is never the ‘I manja you’ type! Sigh!

11) Taking his Gf(s) and potential Gf(s) to my house so my mom can see! *wink*

12) Entertaining me with his sparing partner – Milo Tan who is now in the UK probably went into his PhD d cos no sound no shadow since January this year. Mhm I kinda miss those jokes of hokkien mee, nasi lemak and milo. -sigh-

13) Disappearing a few months off my life and somehow reappear again. Yalor now I realize you n Milo Tan like to play ‘chip more – now you see now you don’t. So the very answer why you weren’t written about in this blog is because you disappear the last few months I started the blog! Lol!!

14) One of those rare person who would do crazy stuff like drive to Genting after clubbing at 3am n then take a spin and come back!! That was so so so cool!!


15) Was there at every dinners and projects I organized – finishing all the food! Okie and doing all the work too!

16) Was there at every of my birthday parties to blow balloons and pick rubbish after that!

17) Was there so that we can all throw him into the pool after those parties clean up!

18) Was there to book my every trip to Pulau Paya!!

19) Was there to send me off when I leave for the country to Aussie – those ungodly hours in the morning – well he is indeed there 24/7.

20) Just by being you and being there!!!!!

K ler… long enough d lor hor? Hehehehe… thank you dear… for all these 10 years of sincere and honest friendship. These 10 years of genuine concern and care. Thank you!!

p/s: I am going to foresee that after this, my left hand, right hand, sai lohs, sai muis, left leg and right leg is going to msg and call me and say – Tai Ka Che only Kheng Lee important ler.. What about us? Lol…. I surrender – you girls and guys are all great souls and it never make me more proud than to have served together with all of you. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...Wow...I salute you; Kheng Lee!!! Anyway, I still remember how you managed to toll Jenn's car from somewhere in crown prince back to her place. Cool!!!!
Just wonder how she can drop her keys into the sea. What is she doing? *Hint* Hint* with....*censor*

-GH

JennPassion said...

Sigh - I don't think this event is ever going out of the teasing space - well if you remember well it is the same day you told me you going to leave for Perth! So don't go breaking the heart twice! TOO MUCH!

*wink**wink*

Anonymous said...

Aiyo...but I see that you are really happy that day on the beach. so, you should be happy that there are so many people come over to help you that day. You see..Kheng Lee, Eleena, myself, your father and mom, and of couse me..me...me...going up and down. :P - GH

JennPassion said...

I know you all LOVE ME!!

what to do.. i so adorable! ;)